Welcome to the Mystic Circle TV platforms, which are owned and operated by Bey-Clarke Media Group, LLC, a Georgia company and its affiliates (collectively, the “Platforms”).
This agreement is between you and Mystic Circle TV, publisher of Mystic Circle TV Magazine (“Publisher”) and (“Magazine”).
- Work. You agree to contribute an original column, article, photography or creative content (the “Work”), identified as follows:
- Rights Granted. You grant to Publisher the following intellectual property rights in the Work:
- Worldwide First Serial Rights (exclusive first publication of the Work in a print periodical). Magazine shall have the unlimited right to publish the Work in print or digital, including promotional rights.
- Publisher shall have the unlimited right to publish the Work in the electronic Mystic Circle Magazine, including promotional rights. Publisher shall have the unlimited right to make promotional use of the Work in the electronic Mystic Circle Magazine, including promotion of Magazine or its Website either directly on the Magazine Web site, Mystic Circle TV website or through our affiliated companies or third‐party Web sites or electronic services.
- A nonexclusive worldwide right to include the Work in anthologies, reprint editions, adaptations, or collections of articles.
- The nonexclusive unlimited right to use selections from the Work in the advertising and promotion of Publisher and Publisher’s website and the Magazine. Publisher shall have the right to make promotional and internal use of the Work in the print Mystic Circle Magazine, including use of tearsheets by either Magazine or its contributors or advertisers. Publisher shall have the unlimited right to make promotional use of the Work in any Mystic Circle Magazine (for example, billboards or blow‐in cards).
- Subject to the provisions of paragraphs A through E, you agree that Publisher shall have the non-exclusive right to use the Work in perpetuity, at its sole descretion. You further agree that this non-exclusive use applies to Contributor’s other work that is highly similar to the Work (for example, a different frame from the same photo shoot).
- All rights to the Work not specifically granted above are reserved by you. You retain copyright to the Work.
3. Rights of Refusal
It is understood and agreed that the Magazine has the right to reject or refuse any submission of Work at its own discretion and for any reason.
All payments are non-refundable, except whereas the Magazine rejects or refuses your submission, in which case a full refund will be given.
- Warranty.You warrant that to the best of your knowledge the Work does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, contract, or proprietary rights of others or contain anything libelous or defamatory and you agree to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless against any final judgement resulting from the falsity of the foregoing warranties. That the Article has not been previously published in whole or in part. That the Article is original, that you have full power to make this agreement, and that you are the sole author. That no other agreement to publish the Article is now outstanding.
- Volunteer Contributor.
- First Serial Rights. Within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Work, Publisher shall notify you whether it accepts or rejects the Work for publication. It is mutually and expressly understood that volunteer services shall be donated, and that said volunteer is not entitled to nor expects any present or future salary, wages, or other benefits for these voluntary services.
- Print, Electronic and Digital Rights. We have the right to publish the Work in print, digital or electronic form.
- Volunteer further agrees that volunteer will fully cooperate with the Magazine and its agents in any investigation, lawsuit, arbitration, or any other legal or quasi- legal proceedings that arise from the matters covered by this agreement. Volunteer further agrees to notify the Magazine immediately of any incident that occurs or may occur within the knowledge of the volunteer, which gives rise to liability on the part of the volunteer of the charity.
- Editorial Changes.Publisher may revise, edit, condense, or otherwise alter the Work, and may code the work in HTML as needed for Web presentation, but will make no substantive changes in text, title or graphic content without your permission.
- No modification to these terms shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- This Agreement shall be deemed executed upon submission your Work under the laws of the state of Georgia.
Thank you for your contribution!